Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Truly a Perfect Fit!

Carly Phillips Perfect Fit lives up to its title. I am in love with the town of Serendipity and all its wonderful cast of characters.  Mike Marsden has come to Serendipity as acting police chief while his father is undergoing cancer treatment and Cara Hartley is a police officer who knows she is a small town girl at heart. Her mother has been abused for years by her father and she spends time working at a shelter for abused women. Both Mike and Cara have their own issues with their pasts including a one night stand from the last time Mike was in town, but together they are a combustible combination that keeps the reader turning the pages. Mike has problems with staying put and Cara has seen enough abuse by a man that she is hesistant to give her heart away.   As usual when it comes to Carly Phillips' books, I couldn't put it down. I even read it during the commercials of the football games this past weekend, and if you know me, you know I take my football very seriously. 


I am so sad that the next book in this trilogy is not coming out until July. I can't wait to see what is in store for Mike's sister Erin!

So many books to choose from to read next....

2 comments:

  1. Carmen DeSousa had RT'd your tweet about your blog post so I thought I would check out your blog. I started a book review blog in December and am figuring this whole blog thing out. I haven't read any of Carly Phillips books yet, but would like to. Which one do you think I should start with? Can I read Perfect Fit as a stand alone or should I start with another one? Thanks and nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can read Perfect Fit as a stand alone. A lot of the characters in the book are part of the Serendipity series, but I started with Fated which is a novella that can be read on the Kindle for $1.99. I have not read the first trilogy from the series yet, but it is definitely on my to do list in the very near future.

      Your first question is a tough one. I have read the rest of Carly Phillips' books and love them all. The one that got me hooked was The Bachelor, BUT I love them all. I was looking at the book list and am at a loss. I would say that reading the books in the series in order makes for a more fun read because you recognize the characters from the other books, and it is like seeing old friends.

      Delete